Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bedroom art

I hunted for a long time for artwork or photos to go above my bed. With the newer furniture and new bedding I wanted to choose something that went well with all of it. I didn't want anything too crazy and I didn't want to have to explain anything abstract. I also decided that photos wouldn't be the best idea, because those would be outdated pretty quickly. So, I was reading Linda's blog about her experience with Prowl and figured I'd give it a try.  I got a lot of really great ideas about what to put there, how to make it matchy or not matchy and then I saw these and knew that was it.

My bedspread is green, brown and cream, the walls are cream and my curtains are brown, so finding this comforter set was awesome. And now, these wall art pieces match the starburst pattern I have on the bed perfectly.  I love how simple it is and how well it goes. Now I just need to find a way to pad the back of them a little bit so rumbly thunder doesn't rattle them so much :)


Next up, dip dying my lamp (maybe!?) and an attempt at long term meal planning.

3 comments:

  1. DO IT!!! (the meal planning that is) I love the art. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Ugh is right. I'm terrible at it and I can hardly cook anything. Should be interesting.

      Delete