Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Joy Dare: Day 19

a grace in the kitchen, a grace in the weather, a grace that might never have been

kitchen: The Keurig single serve coffee maker. I love that thing, and I hate coffee. But there is a Green Mountain Naturals Hot Apple Cider k-cup that I LOVE. I have a serious addiction to it. It's been great for the husband to just make a travel mug's worth of coffee to take with him to work also, very handy.

weather: well...I don't love this bitter cold, but i'm used to it, so I suppose the grace is that I'm not really complainy about it. I wish it wouldn't last as long or be as cold, of course, but I don't waste time or energy complaining about it. I just bundle up to take the puppies out, and make sure my girls are bundled for school and have what they need to stay warm. And then I come back inside, with that hot cider and a warm blanket and all is well.

Might never have been: Hmmm I don't know about this one. The puppies are pretty cute, and I wasn't sure we'd do that, but I don't know if that counts. My job maybe. I turned down this position at first, I was afraid to work at home and that it wouldn't be stable or work out. Then I found the courage...and it's been the best thing ever. I work from home, doing what I really do love doing and getting adult conversation (ok it's online mostly, but it's still converations), and I'm home for the girls when they are home from school or the 4yo since she's not in school. It is the best of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment