Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

I did it. I ran a 5k.

I ran my first 5k this morning. 30:48 is my time. I was hoping for a 30 minute 5k, because I think that's the average, and I want to be at least average. Heh. It was hot, and hard, and I did walk for a short bit while I had a drink. And the description about it being FLAT wasn't entirely accurate. There were uphill parts..but it was ok. There was also mention of entertainment... A man on a bicycle with a boom box strapped to the back is NOT entertainment. But that was ok too. I made it, I ran it (with a brief walk) and I made it in a decent time. All that running and training and I have something to show for it. My number, and a free shirt, and some pictures (proof) and the knowledge that I did it. I DID IT!




No comments:

Post a Comment