Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Glance at my 2010

This is a quiz that Linda takes every year apparently. So I copied it..and I'll answer it in a while, when work lets up.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Is is sad that the only thing I can think of is work related: 'built a drupal site' ?

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't make resolutions, i'm only disappointed when i don't meet them. I make myself deals all the time, all year, every day and i rarely live up to those. why would new year's ones be any different, so i don't bother.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

yes, maid of honor in my wedding/best friend had a perfect baby girl.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Not that i know of.

5. What countries did you visit?
None, we did go to Florida, DisneyWorld, which is like its own country, does that count?

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A little bit better money control, although the end of 2010 was turning pretty well. I'd like to feel like I have more time, with the kids, with the husband, with some exercise, even though I now more time won't actually exist.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hmmm, none?

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I don't think I had any unless we refer to #1, which i don't count. Ohhh this I must change. I potty trained a toddler this year, which is a HUGE achievement. AND I won't have to do it again. Woo.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I'd rather not say.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Brown boots from Famous Footwear. Love them so much.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, mortgage, investments.

13. What did you get really excited about?
my new treadmill, my kid's great grades

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
LAdy Antebellum, American Honey

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? the same.
– thinner or fatter? fatter for sure.
– richer or poorer? Financially richer

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?

i don't know. i don't like shoulda's

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?

yell at the kids.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
with all my family, both sides, it was pretty great

19. What was your favorite TV program?
oooo tough one. grey's anatomy i guess..or the closer, or brothers & sisters...shoot. too many.

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
i read too many to remember, none super memorable, but all good.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?

Lady Antebellum, Need You Now album

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
mmm not sure i had a favorite. We rent alot...

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34 in July, and I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
particular people coming to their senses.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
ha! i'm trying to be comfy and trendy, which is a difficult combo while towing two children and rarely leaving the house.

26. What kept you sane?
my DVR and AmazonKindle and the new HotSprings Spa we bought in July

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

I think I already knew this, but i'm not in charge of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment