Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Darn. They grow up.

Remember when you were in school, and time dragged on and on. And then in high school, and you thought you'd never be done and never escape the rules and study. It seemed to take forever for me, and I didn't mind school. I wasn't in any hurry for it to be over really. But it dragged on.

Why is it that the time with my children isn't dragging on as well? How did I get to already have a third grader? She's halfway through the year, we're almost into fourth grade...and then middle school..and wtf slow down! And the little one..preschool this year and next and then she's into it also. Why is it going so fast when I'm not the one in school.

Damn. They grow up. And so fast is not even accurate..they grow up at the speed of a blink. In the blink of an eye. Before you know it. Right in front of you. All the clichés.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have kids yet, but I know that when I do I'm going to be a hot mess because of this right here. I'm already upset because my nephews are growing up too fast.

    Also, I finally tried Mio. The mango/peach flavor is rocking my world right now. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I might have to try the mango/peach flavor, I keep hearing good things about it.

      Delete